Connect with us

Breaking News

Tehran Tells Washington to Accept 14-Point Peace Plan or Face Deadlock

Iran has warned Washington to accept its peace conditions, including sanctions relief and ending the naval blockade, amid renewed nuclear tensions.

Published

on

Iran and America

Iran on Tuesday warned the United States that rejecting Tehran’s 14-point proposal for ending the Middle East conflict would lead only to continued failure and escalating costs.

The statement came from Iran’s chief negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, after US President Donald Trump dismissed Iran’s latest counterproposal and described the ceasefire that began on April 8 as being on “life support.”

With negotiations at an impasse following unsuccessful talks last month, Ghalibaf said the US must acknowledge Iran’s demands if it wants the conflict to end.

“There is no alternative but to accept the rights of the Iranian people as laid out in the 14-point proposal. Any other approach will be completely inconclusive; nothing but one failure after another,” he said in a post on X.

“The longer they drag their feet, the more American taxpayers will pay for it.”

Advertisement

Iran has continued to reject pressure from Washington, while senior military officials have warned they are prepared to respond to any future US military action.

The standoff has already affected global trade, with Tehran disrupting movement through the strategic Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s key oil shipping routes. The United States, meanwhile, has maintained a naval blockade targeting Iranian ports.

Although details of Washington’s latest proposal remain unclear, reports indicate it is a one-page memorandum focused on halting the fighting and opening broader negotiations over Iran’s nuclear activities.

Iran’s foreign ministry said its response included demands to end hostilities across the region, including Lebanon, remove the US naval blockade, and release Iranian assets frozen overseas under sanctions.

No details were provided about possible concessions from Tehran.

Advertisement

Separately, Ebrahim Rezaei said parliament could explore enriching uranium to 90 percent purity if another conflict breaks out.

“One of Iran’s options in the event of another attack could be 90 percent enrichment. We will examine it in parliament,” Rezaei wrote on X.

Iran already holds a large stockpile of uranium enriched to 60 percent, while 90 percent enrichment is generally considered weapons-grade.

The issue remains central to negotiations with the US, which wants the enriched uranium moved out of Iran. Tehran has so far refused, insisting on its right to peaceful nuclear energy while describing enrichment levels as “negotiable.”

Africans Angle News

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Breaking News10 hours ago

Osogbo Palace Clash: One Dead After Thugs Confront Davido’s Security Team

Police say one person was killed after a clash between suspected thugs and Davido’s security team during Governor Adeleke’s visit...

Pat Utomi Pat Utomi
Breaking News10 hours ago

2027 Election: Utomi Warns of Hunger, Anger, Urges Nigerians to Vote in Large Numbers

Pat Utomi says Nigerians are hungry and angry as he calls for massive voter turnout, credible elections and an end...

Breaking News10 hours ago

UK Asylum Seekers: 6 Benefits Available to Those Staying With Friends or Family

Eligible UK asylum seekers may stay with friends or relatives while keeping weekly financial support. Here are six key benefits...

Breaking News11 hours ago

UK Visa Changes: 7 Ways New Immigration Rules Could Affect Nigerian Students

Nigerian students in the UK face tighter immigration rules, including changes to Graduate and Skilled Worker visas. Here are seven...

Adeleke Adeleke
Breaking News12 hours ago

Osogbo Palace Attack: Gunmen Exchange Fire With Adeleke’s Security Team

Suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy at the Ataoja of Osogbo’s palace shortly after his INEC certificate presentation.

Leo Igwe Leo Igwe
National Issues12 hours ago

Woman Accused of Witchcraft and Set Ablaze By Son Passes Away in Calabar Cross River State -By Leo Igwe

Witchcraft accusation is a crime under the law. Witchcraft claims have no basis in reason, science or reality. As in...

Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor
National Issues13 hours ago

The Inalienable: Ifeanyi Ejiofor Warns That No Ethnic Loyalty Can Wash Blood From The Hands Of Those Who Spilled It In Ala-Igbo -By Daniel Nduka Okonkwo

The question, ultimately, is not whether Ndigbo deserve justice. They do. The harder question is whether the pursuit of that...

Ugochukwu Ugwuanyi Ugochukwu Ugwuanyi
Forgotten Dairies17 hours ago

Founders and Investors Find ROI in ME -By Ugochukwu Ugwuanyi

A media monitoring report should not leave the team hanging but should specify what needs to happen next. This is...

Fransiscus Nanga Roka - Indonesia Fransiscus Nanga Roka - Indonesia
Forgotten Dairies17 hours ago

Singapore’s Cross-Border Money Laundering Scandal: A Global Financial Crisis Exposed -By Fransiscus Nanga Roka

Ultimately, only an integrated global strategy that involves international cooperation, human honesty, regulatory innovation and legal agility and transparency will...

Forgotten Dairies21 hours ago

1MDB Scandal: The Global Cartel of Corruption and Its Lessons -By Fransiscus Nanga Roka

The 1MDB case is a powerful reminder that corruption is not only a national issue but also global strategic and...