Connect with us

Breaking News

Trump Pushes Iran Deadline to Tuesday, Warns of Possible Strikes Over Hormuz Crisis

US President Donald Trump gives Iran until Tuesday evening to negotiate, threatening action over access to the Strait of Hormuz.

Published

on

Iran

Donald Trump has granted Iran an additional day to negotiate a deal over the Strait of Hormuz, setting a new deadline for Tuesday evening amid escalating tensions.

“Tuesday, 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time!” he announced on Truth Social, effectively shifting the ultimatum to 0000 GMT Wednesday.

The move comes as Washington pressures Tehran over control of the vital maritime corridor, which plays a key role in global energy shipments.

Trump warned that failure to reach an agreement could result in major strikes on infrastructure.

“We are in a position that’s very strong… that country will take 20 years to rebuild,” he told The Wall Street Journal.

Advertisement

“And if they don’t do something by Tuesday evening, they won’t have any power plants and they won’t have any bridges standing.”

In remarks to Fox News, Trump said negotiations were ongoing and expressed hope for a quick deal.

“I think there is a good chance tomorrow, they are negotiating now,” he said.

He added: “If they don’t make a deal and fast, I’m considering blowing everything up and taking over the oil.”

Trump also claimed that Iran had effectively conceded key points in negotiations, particularly regarding nuclear weapons.

Advertisement

“The big thing is they’re not going to have a nuclear weapon… Most of the points are conceded,” he stated.

In an ABC News interview, he predicted the conflict could end within “days, not weeks,” while cautioning that a lack of agreement would leave “very little” restricted in US response options.

He further said the US had attempted to channel weapons to Iranian protesters via Kurdish intermediaries.

“We sent guns to the protesters, a lot of them… And I think the Kurds took the guns,” Trump said.

However, authorities in Iraqi Kurdistan have denied any involvement, with Deputy Prime Minister Qubad Talabani stating that no US efforts to arm Iranian opposition groups had been observed.

Advertisement

Africans Angle News

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Forgotten Dairies23 minutes ago

Kaycee’s Arrest And The Need To Ask Nigeria’s Rich: Where Did The Money Come From? -By Isaac Asabor

The objective should not be to criminalize wealth. It should be to make “legitimate wealth explainable and illicit wealth traceable”....

Taiwo-Oyedele Taiwo-Oyedele
Breaking News4 hours ago

Oyedele: States Must Stop Depending Solely on Federal Allocations

Taiwo Oyedele explains how Nigeria’s N15.8tn subsidy savings were shared and why the Federal Government continued to borrow.

Cardinal-John-Onaiyekan Cardinal-John-Onaiyekan
Breaking News13 hours ago

Onaiyekan: ‘I’m 82, Not Afraid of Anybody’ as Cardinal Defends Tinubu Meeting Comments

Cardinal Onaiyekan defends his comments about the Tinubu meeting, saying he spoke on behalf of Nigeria’s Catholic bishops and not...

Breaking News13 hours ago

Osogbo Palace Clash: One Dead After Thugs Confront Davido’s Security Team

Police say one person was killed after a clash between suspected thugs and Davido’s security team during Governor Adeleke’s visit...

Pat Utomi Pat Utomi
Breaking News13 hours ago

2027 Election: Utomi Warns of Hunger, Anger, Urges Nigerians to Vote in Large Numbers

Pat Utomi says Nigerians are hungry and angry as he calls for massive voter turnout, credible elections and an end...

Breaking News14 hours ago

UK Asylum Seekers: 6 Benefits Available to Those Staying With Friends or Family

Eligible UK asylum seekers may stay with friends or relatives while keeping weekly financial support. Here are six key benefits...

Breaking News14 hours ago

UK Visa Changes: 7 Ways New Immigration Rules Could Affect Nigerian Students

Nigerian students in the UK face tighter immigration rules, including changes to Graduate and Skilled Worker visas. Here are seven...

Adeleke Adeleke
Breaking News15 hours ago

Osogbo Palace Attack: Gunmen Exchange Fire With Adeleke’s Security Team

Suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy at the Ataoja of Osogbo’s palace shortly after his INEC certificate presentation.

Leo Igwe Leo Igwe
National Issues15 hours ago

Woman Accused of Witchcraft and Set Ablaze By Son Passes Away in Calabar Cross River State -By Leo Igwe

Witchcraft accusation is a crime under the law. Witchcraft claims have no basis in reason, science or reality. As in...

Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor
National Issues17 hours ago

The Inalienable: Ifeanyi Ejiofor Warns That No Ethnic Loyalty Can Wash Blood From The Hands Of Those Who Spilled It In Ala-Igbo -By Daniel Nduka Okonkwo

The question, ultimately, is not whether Ndigbo deserve justice. They do. The harder question is whether the pursuit of that...