Connect with us

Breaking News

Trump says Iran’s tallest bridge destroyed amid escalating war threats

Donald Trump announces destruction of Iran’s tallest bridge in Karaj, warning Iran to negotiate or face further devastation as tensions escalate in the ongoing conflict.

Published

on

Donald Trump

US President Donald Trump announced Thursday that Iran’s tallest bridge had been destroyed, intensifying his rhetoric after threatening to bomb the country “back to the Stone Ages.”

In a social media post, Trump shared video footage of smoke rising from the B1 bridge in Karaj, roughly 20 miles (35 kilometers) from Tehran, and issued a warning that further strikes could follow if Iran refuses to negotiate an end to the ongoing five-week war.

“The biggest bridge in Iran comes tumbling down, never to be used again – Much more to follow! IT IS TIME FOR IRAN TO MAKE A DEAL BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, AND THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF WHAT STILL COULD BECOME A GREAT COUNTRY!” Trump wrote.

Iranian state media reported that the bridge had been targeted in two separate US-Israeli strikes. State television said: “A few minutes ago, the American-Zionist enemy once again targeted the B1 bridge in Karaj,” noting that an earlier strike caused two civilian deaths.

The report added that the second strike occurred while emergency crews were assisting victims of the first attack.

Advertisement

The B1 bridge, still under construction, is considered the tallest in the Middle East, with a 447-foot (136-meter) column, according to Iranian media.

In a speech on Wednesday, Trump said the conflict—initiated by the United States and Israel on February 28—was approaching its conclusion, though he warned Iran of heavy consequences if it failed to meet demands.

“Over the next two to three weeks, we are going to bring them back to the Stone Ages, where they belong,” he said in his televised address.

Africans Angle News

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Breaking News3 hours ago

Odama Regains Freedom as Court Strikes Out Case Over Alleged Online Bullying of Otu

Denis Odama has regained his freedom after spending seven days at Afokang Correctional Centre as the prosecution withdrew the case...

Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar
Breaking News3 hours ago

Atiku Rules Out 2031 Presidential Bid, Says 2027 Will Be His Last

Atiku Abubakar has ruled out contesting Nigeria’s presidency again after 2027 and urged Nigerians to vote and protect their ballots.

Army - Military - Soldier Army - Military - Soldier
Forgotten Dairies6 hours ago

They Serve The Nation, Now Who Will Serve Them? -By Yusuf Kabiru David

The Ministry of Defence and other relevant government agencies must take responsibility by ensuring that pension matters are handled with...

VOTERS IN NIGERIA VOTERS IN NIGERIA
Forgotten Dairies6 hours ago

As 2027 Elections Campaign Begins: Issue-Based Politics or Another Jamboree? -By Onyejaka Alexander Arinzechukwu

The 2027 election campaign has begun at a moment when Nigerians are asking profound questions about the direction of their...

Forgotten Dairies6 hours ago

Kaycee’s Arrest And The Need To Ask Nigeria’s Rich: Where Did The Money Come From? -By Isaac Asabor

The objective should not be to criminalize wealth. It should be to make “legitimate wealth explainable and illicit wealth traceable”....

Isaac Asabor Isaac Asabor
Forgotten Dairies8 hours ago

With Osun Election, Who Says Votes Don’t Count? -By Isaac Asabor

And if Nigerians truly want better leadership in 2027 and beyond, the answer should not be to stay away from...

Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar
National Issues9 hours ago

Atiku Will Bring Back Fuel Subsidy? The Memory We Must Not Erase -By Abdullahi Abubakar

You cannot tell Nigerians yesterday that subsidy must go, then return tomorrow and promise to bring it back as though...

Breaking News9 hours ago

Sowunmi: Tinubu May Win 2027 Election but Still Face Rigging Allegations

Segun Sowunmi warns that rejecting the 2027 election outcome could threaten Nigeria’s stability, urging politicians to accept voters’ verdict.

Molue bus Molue bus
Breaking News10 hours ago

FG Adds 360MW Transmission Capacity to Lagos Electricity Network

The FG has commissioned upgraded Lagos substations, adding 360MW of transmission capacity to improve electricity supply to homes and businesses.

Taiwo-Oyedele Taiwo-Oyedele
Breaking News10 hours ago

Oyedele: States Must Stop Depending Solely on Federal Allocations

Taiwo Oyedele explains how Nigeria’s N15.8tn subsidy savings were shared and why the Federal Government continued to borrow.