Connect with us

Breaking News

Arbeloa Says He Would Welcome Mourinho Back to Real Madrid

Arbeloa described Mourinho as “number one” and backed the former Real Madrid coach for a possible comeback.

Published

on

mourinho-wave

Álvaro Arbeloa has expressed support for the possible return of José Mourinho as coach of Real Madrid CF next season.

Mourinho, who previously managed Real Madrid from 2010 to 2013, has been strongly linked with a return to the club following another disappointing campaign for the Spanish giants.

The Portuguese manager, currently in charge of SL Benfica, previously led Madrid during fierce title battles with Pep Guardiola’s FC Barcelona.

Speaking on Saturday, Arbeloa described Mourinho as an important figure in Real Madrid’s history.

“For me, as a former (Madrid) player and as a Madridista, Jose Mourinho is number one. He’s one of ours,” Arbeloa said.

Advertisement

“If he comes back next year, I’ll be very happy to see him back home.”

The remarks come after Real Madrid ended a second consecutive season without winning a major trophy, increasing pressure on club president Florentino Pérez to make significant changes.

Arbeloa, who succeeded Xabi Alonso in January, was unable to reverse the club’s struggles during the campaign.

The former defender also commented on concerns surrounding Kylian Mbappé after the French forward reacted to being benched during Real Madrid’s win over Real Oviedo.

Mbappé had only recently recovered from a thigh injury that ruled him out of the El Clasico defeat against FC Barcelona, which confirmed Barcelona as La Liga champions.

Advertisement

“I used to be a player, I know what they can feel in these situations,” Arbeloa explained.

“I totally understand that Kylian wasn’t happy about not playing on Thursday, and I like that.”

He added: “I wouldn’t understand it if he didn’t want to play. My relationship with him remains the same.”

Africans Angle News

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Igbo Igbo
Forgotten Dairies5 hours ago

The Price of Betrayal: Inside Ejiofor, Okonkwo, and Christian’s Reckoning with Igbo Marginalization -By Daniel Nduka Okonkwo

The security dimension of this crisis cannot be separated from the political and economic ones. Heavy militarization of the South...

Forgotten Dairies5 hours ago

As America Pursues Justice For Tupac Shakur, Has Nigeria Killed Its Heroes And Buried The Case Files Too? -By Isaac Asabor

In fact, the state owes Bola Ige justice. It owes Dele Giwa justice. It owes Kudirat Abiola, Marshall Harry, and...

NIGERIAN POLITICIANS -Tinubu and Adeleke NIGERIAN POLITICIANS -Tinubu and Adeleke
Forgotten Dairies5 hours ago

‘Ojú Tí Owó’: Osun and Nigeria’s Changing Electorate -By Patrick Iwelunmor

For 2027, therefore, politicians should not mistake the money they give the people for the votes they will receive from...

Abba Kabir Yusuf Abba Kabir Yusuf
Breaking News17 hours ago

Kano Govt Launches ₦27.8bn Digital Project to Build ICT, CBT Centres in 44 LGAs

Kano launches a ₦27.8bn ICT and CBT project across 44 LGAs to expand digital exams, technology training and youth opportunities.

Tinubu Tinubu
Breaking News17 hours ago

2027 Elections: Tinubu Says ‘Win or Lose, Nigeria Must Be the Ultimate Winner’

Tinubu has urged political parties to run peaceful, issue-based campaigns and reject violence, hate speech, misinformation and ethnic politics.

Breaking News17 hours ago

2027 Presidency: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, Other Political Leaders Sign Peace Pact Ahead of Campaigns

Presidential candidates for the 2027 elections have signed a peace accord in Abuja, rejecting violence, hate speech, fake news and...

Wike Wike
Breaking News18 hours ago

Abuja Flood: Wike Orders Demolition of Buildings on Water Channels, Says No One Will Be Spared

Nyesom Wike says houses built on Abuja water channels will be demolished as he blames flooding on blocked channels, illegal...

US - American Visa US - American Visa
Breaking News18 hours ago

US Visa Changes: Abuja Applicants Face New Processing Arrangement From August 1

Nigerian applicants seeking US tourist, business and petition-based visas face a new processing arrangement following the August 1 changes.

Breaking News19 hours ago

Man, 54, Pleads Not Guilty to Alleged Theft of Five Goats Worth N300,000

A 54-year-old man pleaded not guilty after being arraigned in Ibadan over alleged theft of five goats and dangerous driving...

2Baba and Natasha 2Baba and Natasha
Breaking News20 hours ago

Natasha Osawaru, 2Baba’s Wife, Named Minority Leader of Edo Assembly

2Baba’s wife, Natasha Osawaru, has been appointed Minority Leader of the Edo State House of Assembly, representing Egor Constituency.