Connect with us

Breaking News

Trump Confirms Rescue of Two US Airmen in Iran as Middle East Conflict Escalates

Two US airmen have been rescued in Iran, Trump says, warning Tehran that time is running out amid growing regional tensions.

Published

on

Trump

Donald Trump said Sunday that US forces have rescued a second airman in Iran, following a high-risk operation he described as “one of the most daring Search and Rescue Operations in U.S. History.”

The announcement came as the conflict intensified, with Iran launching fresh missile and drone attacks on Israel, Kuwait, and other Gulf states.

According to Trump, the rescued airman had been stranded in hostile territory. “This brave Warrior was behind enemy lines in the treacherous mountains of Iran, being hunted down by our enemies,” he said, adding: “He sustained injuries, but he will be just fine.”

He disclosed that another pilot had been rescued earlier but the operation was kept secret to avoid compromising the second mission.

“This miraculous Search and Rescue Operation comes in addition to a successful rescue of another brave Pilot, yesterday, which we did not confirm,” he stated.

Advertisement

The developments followed Trump’s ultimatum giving Iran 48 hours to negotiate or face escalation. “Time is running out — 48 hours before all Hell will reign (sic) down on them,” he warned.

Iran rejected the threat, with General Ali Abdollahi Aliabadi describing it as a “helpless, nervous, unbalanced and stupid action,” and cautioning that “the gates of hell will open for you.”

The conflict has widened across the region, affecting global energy routes such as the Strait of Hormuz and triggering strikes on economic and industrial sites.

A strike near the Bushehr nuclear plant killed a guard and raised alarm over potential nuclear risks. While no radiation increase has been reported, Rafael Grossi expressed concern over repeated attacks.

Former IAEA director Mohamed El-Baradei also warned of the dangers of further escalation, urging regional leaders to intervene.

Advertisement

As the conflict continues, Gulf nations including Kuwait, Bahrain, and the United Arab Emirates have reported defensive responses to Iranian strikes, underscoring fears of a broader regional crisis.

Africans Angle News

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Breaking News4 hours ago

Odama Regains Freedom as Court Strikes Out Case Over Alleged Online Bullying of Otu

Denis Odama has regained his freedom after spending seven days at Afokang Correctional Centre as the prosecution withdrew the case...

Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar
Breaking News4 hours ago

Atiku Rules Out 2031 Presidential Bid, Says 2027 Will Be His Last

Atiku Abubakar has ruled out contesting Nigeria’s presidency again after 2027 and urged Nigerians to vote and protect their ballots.

Army - Military - Soldier Army - Military - Soldier
Forgotten Dairies7 hours ago

They Serve The Nation, Now Who Will Serve Them? -By Yusuf Kabiru David

The Ministry of Defence and other relevant government agencies must take responsibility by ensuring that pension matters are handled with...

VOTERS IN NIGERIA VOTERS IN NIGERIA
Forgotten Dairies7 hours ago

As 2027 Elections Campaign Begins: Issue-Based Politics or Another Jamboree? -By Onyejaka Alexander Arinzechukwu

The 2027 election campaign has begun at a moment when Nigerians are asking profound questions about the direction of their...

Forgotten Dairies7 hours ago

Kaycee’s Arrest And The Need To Ask Nigeria’s Rich: Where Did The Money Come From? -By Isaac Asabor

The objective should not be to criminalize wealth. It should be to make “legitimate wealth explainable and illicit wealth traceable”....

Isaac Asabor Isaac Asabor
Forgotten Dairies9 hours ago

With Osun Election, Who Says Votes Don’t Count? -By Isaac Asabor

And if Nigerians truly want better leadership in 2027 and beyond, the answer should not be to stay away from...

Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar
National Issues10 hours ago

Atiku Will Bring Back Fuel Subsidy? The Memory We Must Not Erase -By Abdullahi Abubakar

You cannot tell Nigerians yesterday that subsidy must go, then return tomorrow and promise to bring it back as though...

Breaking News10 hours ago

Sowunmi: Tinubu May Win 2027 Election but Still Face Rigging Allegations

Segun Sowunmi warns that rejecting the 2027 election outcome could threaten Nigeria’s stability, urging politicians to accept voters’ verdict.

Molue bus Molue bus
Breaking News11 hours ago

FG Adds 360MW Transmission Capacity to Lagos Electricity Network

The FG has commissioned upgraded Lagos substations, adding 360MW of transmission capacity to improve electricity supply to homes and businesses.

Taiwo-Oyedele Taiwo-Oyedele
Breaking News11 hours ago

Oyedele: States Must Stop Depending Solely on Federal Allocations

Taiwo Oyedele explains how Nigeria’s N15.8tn subsidy savings were shared and why the Federal Government continued to borrow.