Connect with us

Breaking News

Presidency Seeks Probe of Alleged PFIPC Collaborators, Defends Gbajabiamila

Presidential aide Temitope Ajayi says DSS, Police and EFCC are probing Prince Matthew Adeniyi over alleged fraud, forged appointments and fake government agencies.

Published

on

Femi Gbajabiamila

The Presidency has called on the Department of State Services (DSS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate and expose individuals allegedly aiding Prince Matthew Adeniyi in running the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council (PFIPC).

The government further accused internal collaborators of helping Adeniyi orchestrate a smear campaign against the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila.

Temitope Ajayi, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, made the allegations in a post on X, where he described Adeniyi as an “irredeemable con artist” allegedly using corruption allegations to deflect attention from criminal accusations against him.

Ajayi alleged that Adeniyi exploited public sentiment around corruption while attempting to associate Gbajabiamila with a multi-billion-naira fraudulent operation.

He disclosed that investigators from the DSS, Police and EFCC were already examining how Adeniyi allegedly forged presidential appointment documents, managed 34 bank accounts tied to fake agencies, hosted foreign ambassadors and opened a Central Bank of Nigeria account while posing as director-general of the PFIPC.

Advertisement

Ajayi stated: “What is not in doubt is that internal collaborators enabled Adeniyi to get this far. That is precisely what investigators from the DSS, the Police and the EFCC must now unravel.

“The criminal network within the affected institutions must be dismantled and everyone found to have played a role should be arrested and prosecuted.”

He further argued that corruption allegations are often easily believed in Nigeria, making it possible for suspects to distract the public from the core issues.

“In Nigeria, the easiest and most believable allegation anyone can throw at a public officer is corruption. Once that accusation is thrown into the mix, the water is polluted, the lines are blurred and everyone is kept busy arguing over distractions rather than the real issues,” Ajayi said.

He added: “Matthew Adeniyi understands Nigerian public psychology and he is exploiting it expertly to shield himself. He is an irredeemable con artist who is attempting to drag the name of the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, into his criminal enterprise. The Chief of Staff is simply his last straw.”

Advertisement

Ajayi acknowledged concerns over institutional lapses that allowed the alleged scheme to operate but maintained that the system ultimately identified and exposed the fraud.

According to him, officials of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs detected inconsistencies and escalated the matter to the appropriate authorities.

“Contrary to the anything-goes narrative being promoted, it was the system itself that raised the red flag and dealt with it administratively,” he said.

He further noted: “That is a system functioning as it should. It is a system capable of detecting an aberration.”

Earlier, on June 11, 2026, Gbajabiamila issued a public disclaimer stating that the PFIPC had no official recognition and that no appointments existed under the organisation.

Advertisement

On July 1, presidential spokesman Bayo Onanuga revealed that Adeniyi had already been charged with eight criminal counts before the Federal High Court since November 27, 2025.

Onanuga alleged that Adeniyi operated 34 bank accounts under fake government agencies and fraudulently obtained a CBN account through deceptive dealings with the Office of the Accountant-General.

He also revealed that the witness said to have facilitated the forged appointment letter died in a hotel fire five days before Adeniyi’s arrest on October 27, 2025.

Reacting to the matter, senior lawyer Femi Falana, SAN, argued that the Presidency lacked constitutional authority to absolve anyone connected to the allegations.

Falana called for an independent investigation by the ICPC into both Gbajabiamila and Adeniyi.

Advertisement

He also requested clarification regarding claims that N24 billion was budgeted for the non-existent agency and questioned how it was able to operate a CBN account.

Adeniyi is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 27, 2026, alongside two other suspects currently on the run.

Africans Angle News

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Contents

Topical Issues

Breaking News4 hours ago

Man, 54, Pleads Not Guilty to Alleged Theft of Five Goats Worth N300,000

A 54-year-old man pleaded not guilty after being arraigned in Ibadan over alleged theft of five goats and dangerous driving...

2Baba and Natasha 2Baba and Natasha
Breaking News4 hours ago

Natasha Osawaru, 2Baba’s Wife, Named Minority Leader of Edo Assembly

2Baba’s wife, Natasha Osawaru, has been appointed Minority Leader of the Edo State House of Assembly, representing Egor Constituency.

National Issues6 hours ago

The Triangle of National Progress -By Tony Agbonasevbaefe

This piece would not be complete if the real owners of the nation are left out of the discuss. The...

Media Chat - Wike Media Chat - Wike
Breaking News6 hours ago

Wike: Opposition Cries Manipulation in Defeat, Celebrates Victory When It Wins

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike says President Bola Tinubu’s 2027 presidential election will be easy, describing Nigeria’s opposition as “crippled and...

Bola Oyebamiji Bola Oyebamiji
Breaking News11 hours ago

Osun Election: Oyebamiji Accepts INEC Position, Backs APC Review of Result

Bola Oyebamiji reacts to his defeat in the Osun governorship election, respecting INEC’s position while raising concerns over alleged attacks...

Tunji Disu Tunji Disu
Breaking News11 hours ago

IGP Tunde Disu Orders Police to Treat Jungle Justice as Homicide

Inspector General of Police Tunde Disu warns Nigerians against jungle justice, saying mob attackers could face murder and conspiracy charges.

NIGERIAN POLITICIANS -Tinubu and Adeleke NIGERIAN POLITICIANS -Tinubu and Adeleke
Breaking News11 hours ago

Adeleke’s Tinubu Endorsement Is in Osun’s Interest, Spokesperson Says

“So, the governor is looking at backing the man on the seat for several reasons, and you know this predates...

Breaking News12 hours ago

NGX Market Rally: 24 Stocks Hold Nearly 75% of Nigeria’s Market Value

Nigeria’s NGX market capitalisation rises 57.5% to N156.5tn as 24 companies, led by Dangote Cement, control 74.8% of total market...

kim-jong-un kim-jong-un
Breaking News12 hours ago

Trump Says Kim Jong Un Has Responded as He Hints at Renewed Dialogue

Trump says Kim Jong Un has responded to his requests for talks as he praises their relationship and says it...

Fransiscus Nanga Roka - Indonesia Fransiscus Nanga Roka - Indonesia
Opinion12 hours ago

Paragard Litigation: Who Bears The Cost of Defective Contraception? -By Fransiscus Nanga Roka

The Paragard MDL is more than a legal fight over product liability; it is an assessment of America’s many failings...